Glenn Zimmer DDS, PC. - Gentle dental care in the Machesney Park/Rockford area.
RSS

Recent Posts

Dental Implants
Kool-aid not so cool
A tale of two teeth
Happy Holidays!
Tooth Whitening

Categories

dental information Machesney Park
powered by

My Blog

Hard or soft toothbrushes

Hard or soft toothbrushes?

Patients often ask me what type of toothbrush to use. I always recommend a soft bristle brush. To remove the germs that cause problems in the mouth, all you need is a soft bristle brush. Hard bristle brushes can actually damage your teeth and gums. I have never met a dentist or dental hygienist who recommended a hard bristle brush.
   So if you have a hard bristle tooth brush, use it to clean the grout in your bathroom and switch to a soft bristle one!

good toothbrushes help with good health!Glenn Zimmer DDS, PC. Machesney Park/Rockford

14 Comments to Hard or soft toothbrushes:

Comments RSS
Brushing tips on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:03 AM
Oh....it's a good discussion about toothbrush. it will be very helpful info to everyone. yes really soft toothbrush are very effective To remove the germs that cause problems in the mouth. I also suggest to everyone please use soft toothbrush. Thanks for sharing this post.

Interdental Brushes on Monday, November 19, 2012 6:12 AM
I would recommend you to go for a Soft one. It is more beneficial for our teeth...

replica omega on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:09 PM
good article! i like it!

Teeth whitening on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:23 AM
Thanks for sharing the information. You are absolutely correct that one has to take the necessary precautions while purchasing the tooth brush.

broken china jewelry shop on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:35 PM
I like the way you have selected for your deal but also want to suggest you that you should have shared some more content about it.

Forklift Training Melbourne on Sunday, March 02, 2014 5:15 AM
This is a good blog post, I was wondering if I could use this summary on my website.

Office Supplies Perth on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 3:34 PM
Actually thanks for all the enthusiasm to offer such helpful information here.

Claudia on Saturday, June 07, 2014 6:52 AM
Teeth is an important and sympathetic part of our body. So should be careful and conscious on teeth and keep it clean according to proper instructions.

strony internetowe on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 3:06 PM
Mirrors allow the dvd lens quality area of the room Meanwhile, Hall is often a space with one significant feature instructions is normally residing in typically the outer

Andrew Smith on Monday, October 05, 2015 2:31 AM
I completely agree with your soft bristle issue. But if someone wants to get more specific brushing experience than he or she should go for an electric toothbrush, as an electric toothbrush will give you precise mode for different oral areas. Thanks for sharing your nice idea.

Meri Poppins on Saturday, March 12, 2016 10:27 AM
If hard brushes are known to be bad then why are they still manufactured?

Joe P on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 10:26 AM
It's a great question and one that I had myself. I watched one of those Live Doctor shows on TV and the answer is because manufacturers love to sell and promote products, so instead of having just soft bristles....why not have soft, medium and hard.

Sonicare vs Oral-B on Friday, May 12, 2017 8:06 AM

track dtdc courier on Friday, July 27, 2018 5:36 AM
Hey guys if you want to track your order for free online then must try my link.