Glenn Zimmer DDS, PC. - Gentle dental care in the Machesney Park/Rockford area.
RSS

Recent Posts

Dental Implants
Kool-aid not so cool
A tale of two teeth
Happy Holidays!
Tooth Whitening

Categories

dental information Machesney Park
powered by

My Blog

Sugar. How can something that tastes so good be so bad?

Sugar. How can something that tastes so good be so bad?

People throughout history have loved the taste of sugar. Wars have been fought over it and some people love it more than they love their spouses. However, it causes some serious dental problems.

When the bacteria (germs) in your mouth are given sugar they use it as a food source. Their waste product is acid and this acid can eat holes in your teeth in which the bacteria can now live. This is called a cavity and has to be taken out and replaced with a filling by your dentist. If people never had sugar they would never get a cavity.

In America sugar can be found in many things, it is very hard to cut it out completely. Most dentist are realist and realize that many cannot cut it out completely. I myself would not find life worth living if I could never have a piece of cherry pie again. But you can cut down the amount of sugar you and your children get drastically. For example, substitute water for sports drinks and sodas. Put cinnamon in your coffee instead of sugar- you get the idea.

I think it would be hard to argue that reducing sugar intake would not have many health benefits. Try it and see how you feel!

10 Comments to Sugar. How can something that tastes so good be so bad?:

Comments RSS
sex toys on Monday, May 06, 2013 5:18 PM
A generous candid, ardent and high minded disposition, There is a strong inclination to science, literature, religion, study, travelling, the higher cultivation of the mind, or to any of the subjects dear to those b
Reply to comment

emmybello on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:06 AM
With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation? My site has a lot of unique content I've either written myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any techniques to help stop content from being stolen? I'd truly appreciate it.
Reply to comment

pandora uk on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:36 PM

several years summer Raul Norris show seems to has limited meaning. At the end of last year , in the field speculation over an 100 % year, Manolo Blahnik in the long run issued a notice, Brazil projector Helmut Lang officially has become a their new creative director. pandora rings Sybilla 's works often are known for innovative cheap pandora beads just simply like another pearl drop earrings . From Phoebe Philo 2013 early Autumn series of silver bracelets for men with a sense of delicate . Connected with users 's a pulse of unique , dazzlingly beautiful as well as unique shackled . pandora stores a whole year early spring Labors' Day series in this season on coloring preference for inexpensive and cool color show the pandora bracelets uk patterns .

The more informations about This,Please enter:http://www.pandroajewellerystore.com

Reply to comment

male sex toys on Thursday, June 06, 2013 8:20 PM
Well, you've decided that you want to buy real estate. That is fantastic, but there is so much information. Where do you begin? Don't fret, real estate buying tips are here! Listed below &101;re8;earn about commercial real estate and how well you prepare yourself for the market. Here are a few important considerations:
Reply to comment

isqueeze foot massager on Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:10 AM
Hi, Neat post. There's a problem with your site in internet explorer, would test this?IE still is the market leader and a good portion of people will miss your fantastic writing because of this problem.
Reply to comment

buy ray ban on Monday, September 22, 2014 12:15 PM
I have been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this information So i happy to convey that I have an incredibly good uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most certainly will make certain to do not forget this site and give it a look regularly.
Reply to comment

strona internetowa on Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:26 PM
The elegant in house could suit the particular may perhaps quite heavy in addition to ornate Hall is mostly a space while the the wall surfaces should not become only just any kind of ordinary paint
Reply to comment

robux generator on Friday, July 27, 2018 5:34 AM
Hey friends if you are a gamer and want to generate more and more robux for free online then must try my link.
Reply to comment